Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Fantastic 40's Affair...





Kay and Juan approached me nearly a year ago about doing their wedding photography. I had already photographed weddings for a couple of their friends, so they knew my style and I knew that the people I had worked with from their church were amazing. Kind, generous, fun loving and laid back, the kind of people that you want to have as clients. When they told me that they were planning a 1940's Glam themed wedding I was ecstatic. Anyone who knows me on a personal level knows that I adore 40's and 50's fashion. My closet is filled with retro style dresses and my house is furnished with a lot of vintage finds, so this was right up my alley. We immediately did their engagement session, complete with three outfits (40's casual, dress and "mobster" attire) and then Kay and I met at a local mansion for her bridal and boudoir shoot. Both of those sessions were fun filled and I got a great many photos that I loved. I was so stoked on the wedding day that I rented the 70-200 that I've been lusting after for years and arrived at the church. The bride, groom and bridal party all looked gorgeous. The ceremony was sweet and heartfelt and the reception was a blast. I left thinking that weddings like Kay and Juan's are the reason I'm in this business and was very glad. Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment