Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby!


Running late once again, but I didn't want to *not* blog about Emma's birthday! Last week my oldest turned 9. There was no school on Emma's big day because of a teacher work day, woo-hoo! We ended up hanging around the house, having lunch with my mother in law, painting in the afternoon and hanging out with some friends that evening. At 2:57 pm I told Emma that she was now officially a nine year old. I think I looked a bit teary eyed, she indulged me with a hug and then ask if I would "get off" of her so she could continue her painting. How's that for thanks? Haha.

Emma is now, and always has been, one of the sweetest, most easy going, most beautiful kids around. Of course that is just my humble opinion, you are free to think your kid is better. You'd be wrong, but whatever. But, I digress....my point was that she is growing up into a lovely young lady. She's caring, smart and loves to read and paint. As much as I wish she could stay little forever, it's nice to see her growing up into a good person. She makes me a proud mama.

2 comments: